Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahe Wa Barakatuhu !
In the Name of Allah, The Most Beneficient, The Most Merciful
Ramadan is fast approaching us and what better month to make more prayers and duas and ask for more good things in this life and for the hereafter than this most amazing holy month? Let's do our best this year to max out our blessings and Inshallah pray for a better future for ourselves, our families and friends and our muslim community worldwide.
How you ask? Simple.. we challenge ourselves to make that happen!
I know... we can't change the world.. yet. But anyone who's ever wanted to change the world already knows that we need to change ourselves first
before we can step outside to change everyone else.
So the challenge.. this time.. is....(drum roll
)... to learn as many duas as we can before the month catches upto us
so that we can use them during the entire month Inshallah. And, once we know them, we can teach it to the younger kids in our lives and even pass it on to others who would like to learn as well.
There is NO better way to ask for something than in the manner in which Allah taught us to ask Him.
I know.. I know... we really do try but there just doesn't seem to be enough time to dedicate to memorization and let's not forget that age and time is not working with us when it comes to the memory... BUT Mashallah, where there's a will there IS a way!
"Yes we can!"
If we can make time to run to the gym or get on that treadmill.. if we can make time to watch that last missed episode of our favorite program... if we can make the time to go the mall for window shopping or go to the parlor for that most delicious mani-pedi.. and if we love to read read and then read some more.. then we CAN make that necessary time to learn something that will, not only please Allah (st), but will benefit us on the Day of Judgement, Inshallah.
"How can we do that when really, honestly, trully, we don't have enough time during the day to breathe..
" you ask?
Very easily and here's the trick. Take a few duas that you don't know and write them on a piece of paper in big letters and make a few copies to leave around some very strategic places in the home and car. Then when you're doing something that doesn't really require your full focus, use that time to memorize. Do this often enough and before you know it, you'll have memorized one, if not more, duas.
- If you run on a treadmill or any other body torturing device, instead of listening to that hit by "you know who" or watching the teli, use that time to memorize one dua at a time
- If you love to cook, then while you sautee or boil or chop chop chop away, memorize, memorize and memorize
- Even while you are driving, all those very annoying red lights could be your saving grace because you can pick up that sheet and memorize another line or just another few words to the dua!
- If you love to read, read and then read some more, then pick up the sheet and read the duas and memorize them
- When you're getting that mind blowing mani-pedi, memorize in between the popping of the gum...
- When you're on a train or bus, even if it's for half an hour, it's enough time to learn a few words of a dua
- When you go for lunch, take 10 minutes aside to memorize
- When the children want to watch Barney or Sponge Bob, tell them they can if they spend half hour helping you to memorize and have them check the paper for you.. if the children are younger, then recite with them and reward them each time they say it right
- When you're with your friends, memorize together and compete with each other; Excite each other to learn the ayats of Allah..
Hmm... sounds doable doesn't it? So what are we waiting for...?
Mashallah, Allah makes getting nearer to Him very easy. Let's not waste the time He's given us for just the worldly pleasures that He has told us to enjoy. Let's also prepare for our final meeting with Him.
Here's a site where you can start with that has 40 Rabbana duas
Get involved. Get your families and children involved. Make it a competition to see who can memorize the most. Give rewards for the efforts made. Make this a part of life as breathing and eating or just sitting and relaxing.
Good Luck and may Allah make it easy for you!
Rabbi zidni ilm!
For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.
And may Allah bless us with His Mercy and protect us from the Shaitan(s) and their evil whisperings. Ameen.
| Donate and build your SADAQA fund today!|
Copyright © 1999, ForeverHH® All rights reserved.
No portion of this website, including product graphics, descriptive text or html code, may be copied, reproduced or published without expressed written permission of ForeverHH®.
This site is brought to you by foreverhh. For more information, contact email@example.com
Last Revised: June 2009