Sister’s Halaqa ~ Session ~
Always Remember: And whatever the Messenger (pbuh) gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment. “[59:7]
- Review of Salat
- Review of Quranic Duas
- Main Topic: Our Prophet:
- A Life Gem: Angels are around us when we do dhikr and seek knowledge
- Open Forum
Hadith regarding Angels surrounding the gathering where Allah is remembered.
- Angels are always moving around, by Allah’s command, looking for people who are sitting in assemblies doing dhikr of Allah.
- When they find these assemblies they sit amongst the people and some surround them with their wings till the space between them and the sky of this world is fully covered; surrounding them with mercy and tranquility.
- When the assembly ends, the Angels go back to Allah and tell Him about these people who sat to worship Allah and begging Allah of Paradise, His Protection from the Hellfire, and for Allah’s forgiveness even though they do not know the full extent of Allah’s Paradise, Protection and Forgiveness.
- Allah honors these people by mentioning them to the Angels around Him and responds to the witnessing Angels that He grants those people His protection, forgiveness and all that they ask, even the passerby who happened to see them and sat down with them also.
- Dhikr: Subhannallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahuakbar, La ilaha illallah
Reference: Muslim: Book 035, Number 6505, Muslim: Book 035, Number 6520.
Angels are always around us, recording our deeds
- Angels come in succession at night and during the day and the gather at Fajr and Asr to pray with the people.
- The Angels who come at Asr witness our worship and when they leave at Fajr they witness our worship and so they tell Allah that they left the people praying and they had when they had gone to them, they were praying.
Reference: Bukhari - Volume 9, Book 93, Number 578
Hadith regarding seeking knowledge:
who seek knowledge, Allah makes that path easy for them and makes
- Those who go to the masjids to recite Quran and they learn and teach the Quran, Allah surrounds them with tranquility and mercy
Reference: Muslim: Book 35, Number 6518.
And (O Muhammad SAW) give glad tidings to the Mukhbitin [those who obey Allâh with humility and are humble from among the true believers] whose hearts are filled with fear when Allâh is mentioned; who patiently bear whatever may befall them (of calamities); and who perform AsSalât, and who spend (in charity) out of what We have provided them. [22 Al Hajj: 34-35]
Cleanliness and dress
4 Categories of salat
Fard salat - Compulsory 5 daily prayers; Jummah for men; Jama’t for men
Prayer in congregation
Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 11, Number 620: Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The reward of the prayer offered by a person in congregation is twenty five times greater than that of the prayer offered in one's house or in the market (alone). And this is because if he performs ablution and does it perfectly and then proceeds to the mosque with the sole intention of praying, then for every step he takes towards the mosque, he is upgraded one degree in reward and his one sin is taken off (crossed out) from his accounts (of deeds). When he offers his prayer, the angels keep on asking Allah's Blessings and Allah's forgiveness for him as long as he is (staying) at his Musalla. They say, 'O Allah! Bestow Your blessings upon him, be Merciful and kind to him.' And one is regarded in prayer as long as one is waiting for the prayer."
It is important that a prayer does not let their elbows touch the floor or spit in the way of another supplicant.
Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 10, Number 509: Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Do the prostration properly and do not put your fore-arms flat with elbows touching the ground like a dog. And if you want to spit, do not spit in front, nor to the right for the person in prayer is speaking in private to his Lord."
Etiquettes in Prayer
Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 11, Number 682: Narrated Abu Huraira: Once Allah's Apostle prayed two Rakat (instead of four) and finished his prayer. Dhu-l-yadain asked him whether the prayer had been reduced or whether he had forgotten. Allah's Apostle asked the people whether Dhu-l-yadain was telling the truth. The people replied in the affirmative. Then Allah's Apostle stood up, offered the remaining two Rakat and then finished his prayer with Taslim and then said, "Allahu Akbar." He followed it with two prostrations like ordinary prostrations or a bit longer.
Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 6, Number 307: Narrated 'Aisha: "One of the wives of Allah's Apostle joined him in l'tikaf and she noticed blood and yellowish discharge (from her private parts) and put a dish under her when she prayed."
Interesting Point: Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 172: The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Isn't it true that a woman does not pray and does not fast on menstruating? And that is the defect (a loss) in her religion."
Prayer Details Defined
When you are standing
When in Ruku
10. From the time when the Iman takes his place on the Mimber
to deliver the Friday Khutbah right through the end of the Salah, it is not
permissible for anyone to talk, make Salah or to offer Salam to anyone or to
answer Salam offered. However, should anyone start talking during this time,
it is also not permissible that he be asked to keep quiet.